Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BANG.....oooopppps

Crooked River to Silver River
Site 43 Silver River State Park
Ocala Florida

It was such a great paddle yesterday on the last day at Crooked River, I decided not to mention the way it ended so today I’ll tell all.    Got back to the boat landing, got out of the kayak and went up to get the car.   I backed out of the space turning as I did so and backed into what turned out to be a super long trailer  BANG.   So now I have a driver’s side fender with metal boat trailer scrapes.  Not such a great end to a wonderful day but you just have to let those things go and know that in a year you’ll have forgotten all about it but you’ll still have the great memories of the wonderful time.   And so I did.

This morning I was out running my 4.5 and then packed up and set out for Silver River State Park in Ocala Florida arriving at Site 43 at about 2:30.  Got hooked up and set up in a what seemed like a a jiffy compared to the morning departure routine. J  Had an early dinner, biked around the campground to see who the neighbors were and their rigs and then over to the River Trail. Left the bike and hiked down to the river where I just was able to catch some sunset

and saw the Park’s kayak put in on the Silver River which requires that you tote your boat about ½ mile.  I have a set of wheels for my kayak for just that purpose but they aren't pumped up and I think/hope I'd rather have a longer paddle.  So it's up early tomorrow and out to Ray Wayside Landing to kayak up the river all the way to Silver Springs.

So with anticipation of another great day off to bed -  again with Rain on the Roof and a smile on my face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment