Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in Charlottesville

We got what may be our earliest start ever and were out of the campground just after 9:00.   A MIRACLE!  J

It was foggy when we woke up and we set about having breakfast and getting packed up to leave.  Not much to do since we didn’t take the bikes or the kayaks off the car or the car off the dolly or the dolly off the RV.  But we did get some things out that had to be put away, David checked fluids, I brought in the slides and unleveled, we stopped by the dump and we were off.  I got so busy that I forgot to get a picture of Site 75 which was a paved pull through between the two campground roads.  No trees just water and electric for $25 a night.  A fine overnight spot but not some where I’d want to stay for a week or so.  I’m sure the campground has other much nicer spots although we didn't take a walk to check it out as we usually do but this one was an easy in and easy out even if it wasn’t so easy last night in the dark.  J

Uneventful drive back on roads we are familiar with.  We pulled in at Mason Lane around noon and unloaded my bike and the kayaks.  Bike went to its home in the shed and the kayaks went back in their shack.  David helped me get the floor furnace lit so I have some heat and then we went off the the grocery to get some fixin's for Thanksgiving.

WOW are there a lot of people on the roads and in the stores in this town on a Monday early afternoon.  Was it really like this before I left?  I waited in a line of over 10 people at the post office to stop my mail forwarding.  I was shocked at how busy everything was.  Why aren’t all these folks at work at 2:00 in the afternoon???  Was I the only one working and didn't know it because I was working? J  

Nothing else of interest to report.  David took my car out to the farm to make sure the drive is clear enough for Winona who is sitting on Mason Lane. He'll bring the car back and get her tomorrow.   I emptied her of my things, a task I didn't do with much cheer but I did get the things from Winona into the house.  Although I didn't get them all put away....yet.

Somehow tonight I’m more tired than on any night I can remember recently.  Not looking forward to the tasks at hand but the sooner I get started the sooner they’ll be finished. 

I imagine I’ll get the unpacking completed  tomorrow and perhaps even get a start on the list.  Think I’ll type it up to see how long it actually is and try to rustle up some enthusiasm for checking things off.  J

Carrie is coming for Thanksgiving at the farm on Thursday and will be in town Wednesday night so that’s definitely something to look forward to.  Luckily she'll be here for the whole week-end.   

We all have lots of things to be thankful for this year.  She began her career life in a job she likes.  I ended my career life and went on to a life I like better.  Short holiday break here, I hope, and then back to the wonderful wandering life.  So on I go to making that happen. 

Thoughts are things.  Let’s all make them good ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment