Thursday, March 3, 2011

Third week is a BUST

Well here it is Thursday again and no Canasta.
This is 3 missed weeks in a row and I’m going into withdrawal.

On Thursdays I play canasta with Lynda
We’ve been friends for 30 years
(yes from diapers on)  :-)
And get together for dinner
and cards every Thursday night

Well every Thursday night until 3 weeks ago
She was sick and then last week,
well you Know what I was doing
And today she emailed to say that she
thought she was coming down with the
head cold that is going around her office
And she was kind enough to let me know
So I could bow out if I wanted to.

Well I didn’t want to but knowing that this
is a pretty powerful respiratory thing
going all around and
having just been sick,
I thought “better safe than sorry”

SO I guess I’ll cross my fingers for next week
Although it’s at her house and there
seems to be a home court advantage.
She wins at her house
And I win at mine

This is how much fun we have

Sometimes my face is actually sore from
Laughing.

Now you can see why I’m not smiling on this Thursday night.
Hope you feel better Lynda.

No comments:

Post a Comment